What is the Amazon Associates program?
Amazon Associates is an affiliate marketing program that allows website owners and bloggers to create links and earn referral commissions when any of the website visitors clicks thru and buys products from Amazon.
In other words, Amazon Associates is one of the first online affiliate marketing programs and was launched in 1996. … When website owners and bloggers who are Associates create links and customers click through those links and buy products from Amazon, they earn referral fees. It’s free to join and easy to use.
Suitable For –
- People who love to write, explain things in details and would like to share their knowledge and expertise with the world.
- Best for people who already own a blog or website with some daily traffic.
Skill Required –
- Ability to express knowledge in writing with simpler yet effective way.
- Ability to persuade and convince people through right argument and explanation.
Time Required For Becoming An Amazon Associate –
To become an Amazon Associate all you need to do is visit their website and sign up. You will need to provide your website’s name while signing up. Amazon will analyze your website, and if they find it appropriate according to their standards they will approve you as an official amazon associate.
The approval process might take 2 to 5 days.
Once you are approved, find out the relevant products you want to promote on your blog then grab their affiliate links and insert them into your website.
- Dig out relevant products – The first and most important thing is to find out the products that are relevant to your blog’s content and audience.
The most relevant the product, the better chance you will have of selling. For example, promoting wristwatches on a blog that teaches people to do Yoga exercises is highly unlikely to make you any sale. But instead, if you try to promote Yoga mats, pants and books you will see great success. For Example, click on below link which is relevant to my blog contents
- Place affiliate links inside your content – Placing simple text links within the context of an article is the most effective way to get people click your affiliate links.
People trust the body of the content on a page more than any other area of the website. Hence it is very likely that they will check on the link when it’s placed inside the content’s body.
For Example, “Check out this cool smart watch (Your affiliate Link). It has retained the position of No.1 bestseller since last two months.”
- Link product images to Amazon – Images play an important role in grabbing visitor’s attention.
The another simple way to get people click on your affiliate links is to use lots of high quality product images as clickable affiliate links. One good thing about Amazon is that it allows you to freely use any product’s image on your blog website for promotional purposes.
- Write a product review article – Doing a quality products review and writing a great article explaining all the facets of a product is another great way to generate high clicks thru rates and sales.
But while doing any review make sure it is of high quality and unbiased. people shouldn’t think that you are badly trying to get them buy the product. A high quality review should answer all the answers and clear confusion or reservations any potential buyer might have.
Make sure your review does cover all the above mentioned aspects.
- Just send People to Amazon – One of the great thing about Amazon is that it is very good at converting visitors into buyers. You don’t need to follow them nor target them with ads, Amazon will do the rest for you. All you need to do is send them to Amazon.com through your affiliate link.
The great thing about this is when somebody visits Amazon.com through your link you get a percentage of anything they buy for the next 24 hours ( 30 days of they added any item to their cart).
For example, if one person clicks on your ” How to Become Amazon Associate” link and visit Amazon.com and buys Sports shoes instead of a book within 24 hours, you will get commission for the shoes sales even if you did not promote it directly.
- Build loyalty and trust – One major factor that will boost your sales is your reader’s loyalty and trust towards you and your website.
Most of your sales come from people who are loyal and repeated readers. Readers who connect with you on regular basis , over the long period, begin to trust you and your website. So when you make any recommendation or do a review, they are more likely to take that advice than someone who they don’t trust.
How to Monetize –