What is Interview Transcribing?
To transcribe means to make a written copy of something. interview transcribing is the process of listening to an audio or video interview and converting it into a written copy for reading purposes.
Today most of the journalists, nonfiction writers and bloggers conduct thousands of hours of interviews and most of them are too busy to transcribe them on their own.
So they outsource this job to speed the publishing process. That’s where they need interview transcribers.
Your job as a interview transcriber will be to listen to the audio or video (MP3, WAV, MOV, AVI, MP4, AIFF) interview and write high-quality transcripts.
Transcription process –
1. They will split file into shorter segments and transcribed by the certified home-based freelancers like you. The incomprehensible parts are marked with blanks.
2.The transcript will be checked for mistakes.
3. They combine all segments to produce the final transcript. The transcript is proofread once to correct inconsistencies and mistakes.
4. The quality is assessed and delivered if the accuracy is found to be 99% or more. The file keeps alternating between Proofreading and QC steps till the minimum accuracy of 99% is achieved.
Suitable For –
1. Almost anyone.
2. More suitable for people who love to write.
Skills Required –
1. Ability to read, write and fluently speak the language of your operation.
2. Ability to listen and understand multiple accents in your language of operation.
3. Ability to type faster is a must.
How To Get Started –
The first way is to register on following transcription services sites and complete the available jobs.
Here’s the list:
The second and easiest way is to contact local newspapers, magazines, and TV news stations and see if they can offer you a transcribing job.
The third way is to contact bloggers, news website owners and non-fiction writers. Visit their sites,
find their email and inquire if they have a requirement of a transcriber.
Expected Earnings –
You will earn from $5 to $40 per hour for transcribing any interview depending on your expertise.