What is a Podcast?
Podcast is an episodic series of digital audio or video files made available on the Internet for downloading to a computer or portable media player, new installments of which can be received by subscribers automatically.
Suitable For –
People who like to talk and explain the things.(Setting up a podcast is not push-button easy, but it’s not rocket science either, and once you set things up the first time you’ll have done most of the work. Then, all you have to worry about is producing more audio content and posting it to your blog.)
Skills Required –
1. In-depth knowledge of any topic you are interested in.
2. Ability to persuade with logical reasoning.
Steps involved in Starting A Podcast;
1. Determine the nature of your podcast. Write down your contents so you don’t forget. Come up with an outline or some sort of organizer to keep track of what you will discuss and/or promote.
2. Record audio for your podcast.choose the product to record your podcast, Most podcasts include a microphone, mixer for analog mic or even a new computer.
3. Pick your software. If you have a Mac, you can record using Garage band.
4 . Upload your podcast on your personal website of iTunes.
How much will it cost to start my own podcast?
It entirely depends on the nature of your podcast. If you want to start a podcast for your business, then it’s going to cost you more. In case of a simple podcast, you might want to spend some money to buy a microphone of good quality and software to edit your podcast, which is optional.
How To Monetize –
1. Sell your podcast. You can set up a Web store to charge subscribers for each episode. However, a pay-per-listen podcast is competing with thousands of free podcasts..
2. Insert a commercial into your podcast and earn money.(If you insert a commercial into your podcast, listeners can easily skip over the ad when playing back the show on their computers or MP3 players.)