It’s exactly as you might have guessed –creating the television and video captions for the hearing impaired. You might have seen subtitles when you watch movies, television series and so on, these subtitles are typed by captioners.
What is Captioning?
Captioning is a very specialized form of transcription. It takes speed, accuracy, experience and often court reporting certification to transition from general transcription to captioning.
In simple terms, captioning is the process of converting the audio content of a video into text.Captioning is similar to transcription work. As a captioner your job will be to watch a video and correctly type everything you hear. You will also need to make sure that captions sync up correctly with the audio.
While it may seem like something fairly easy to do, it’s harder than you’d think and it’s something that you can’t really get into without some schooling.But still, it’s an industry that can pay well and may also allow you the luxury of working from home.
Rev is one of the best company that will hire beginners/freelancers for closed captioning work. However, the pay is not great compared to what you would earn doing this for one of the other companies that insists on experienced and/or trained workers. According to Rev, you will earn $0.40-$0.75 per video minute. Paid weekly, via PayPal.
- A computer with high speed internet minimum 1MBPS
- A Headset
- Ability to read, write and fluently speak the language of your operation along with English.
- Ability to listen and understand multiple accents in your language of operation.
Why I am suggesting you to work with Rev:
- Earn $0.40-$0.75 per video minute. Paid weekly, via PayPal.
- Average monthly earnings: $240. Top monthly earnings: $1570.
- Work from home.
- Work wherever you want.
- Everything is done online.
- Work flexible hours.
- Work as much or as little as you want,whenever you want.
- Choose freely. Choose which projects you want to work on.
How to Join –
Apply online for the post of captioner on Rev.com. Or submit your application to below given link